This article is a Policy. By continuing to use this wiki, you agree to this policy's terms.
CW's Flash Wiki is a wiki about CW's The Flash Television Series and does have a live chat feature. This policy covers all aspects related to chat, private messages, and all users' behavior within chat.
Users who participate in chat on this wiki must follow the following guidelines on chatting:
- Do not use asterisks (*****) or other common forms of blocking bad language. If you use it in an offensive way, it is still considered bad language.
- Words that are considered bad language have been flagged.
- If you would like to propose the removal of the flagging of a word, create a forum post and detail the following:
- The word you would like removed
- Why you would like it removed
If the post receives at 3 or more separate user comments supporting the removal of the flag, an official post will be made by a Staff member putting the word to a community consensus. Please alert a Staff member if your post receives the necessary 3 comments.
- Linking to images, webpages, or videos, from YouTube or other hosting services, with inappropriate content is prohibited. However, you are not responsible for the advertisements on the aforementioned pages which the content is hosted on, nor are you responsible for the comments section on linked YouTube videos.
- You should talk to all users in a respectful manner. This includes trolls, friends, people you suspect of being dupes, and even a moderator who is threatening to ban you. You can be banned, or have an extended ban time for not doing this.
- Do not solicit sensitive personal information from other users or give away another person's sensitive personal information. It is strongly suggested that you not share your own sensitive personal information, and giving out your home address or phone number is not permitted.
- Controversial issues such as politics and religion may be discussed in private and public chat to a limited extent, but if the discussion becomes hostile or creates a disturbance in chat, the discussion may be immediately stopped by a moderator.
- Do not spam or flood chat. The chat moderators have the authority to determine what is spam and what is not.
- The use of non-English languages in public chat, with the exception of widely known phrases (e.g., "hola", "danke"), is prohibited.
- If a user requests that you stop doing something, then you are required to stop unless there is a good reason you should continue. Also, if a user continually makes unreasonable requests, then the situation will be resolved by a moderator.
- Explicit or suggestive comments are prohibited.
- Chat may not be used to plan disruptive behavior on other wikis or websites. This includes, but is not limited to, planning chat invasions, vandalism, or trolling.
- If you'd like to link a chat in the main chat, please first get permission from a chat moderator or administrator for the chat you wish to link.
Please note: This serves as a guide to our Staff when dealing out their punishment, but Staff are permitted to raise or lower their punishment according to the severity of each offense.
|Number of Offenses||Spamming||Linking||Personal Information||Inappropriate Comments/ Foul Language||Socking to bypass ban|
|1 Offense(s)||Kick||1 day ban||Stern Warning||Kick||Warning|
1 week ban
|12 day ban||12 Hour Ban||1 day ban||1 month block added to main account|
|3 Offense(s)||2 week ban||3 month ban||3 Day Ban||1 week ban||Account disabled|
|Policies and guidelines|
|• Spoilers • Editing • Manual of Style • Chat • Image|